Monday, March 19, 2012

Gotta Get Down To It

The media is powerful.
-Ivan Wolyniec

Okay. So I'm researching what role advertising's image of women plays in the definition of self in adolescent women. I'm really excited. But now I need an actual thesis... I really need to get on that. This week is writing the roughly draft (aagh) because we really only have two weeks left of class (unless we're detained for a week or so, not that I'll be going anywhere anyways, I need to be in Family for Springfest rehearsals or Mr. Grossman will NOT be pleased). I have self image pretty much down. Now I need to research the definition and action of definition of self. I'm on it! (Got sources already but they're not yet up on the artifacts page...)

In terms of my project, I've scaled back quite a bit. After talking to McGrath and Chinosi, I've decided to do more of a creative outlet type project. What I want to do it photograph advertisements that use women (think categories again) and then photograph myself imitating that category (hopefully at least one per category/subcategory) and then take straight portraits that get as close as possible to truly defining myself on film as I feel I can. Hopefully I will create a coffee table book of them and include quotes from my paper as well as interviews and surveys.. I'm on it!

We have a checklist we must complete before we are released. I'll probably opt for the date that's a few days later. I'm in no substantial rush to get out the door early. The normal time is fine for me (but I don't want to be detained...). I have strike for Legally Blonde today until 8pm, tomorrow until 6pm and if we are still not done, until 6pm again on Wednesday... Oh yeah, and then on Thursday rehearsals for Pippin start.. WOOHOO!!! I'm scarily excited. I can not even begin to describe it. But that's a completely different story (though I want to start another blogspot to blog about my Pippin experiences!).

Keep working... work, work, work...work, work, work... work, work, research, research, work...

No comments:

Post a Comment