Tuesday, May 1, 2012

America the Beautiful: Documentary by Daryl Roberts

A couple days ago I watched Daryl Roberts' documentary America the Beautiful. It was the edited version and though I'd love to know what's in the unedited version, I'm just going to go with this one for now. There was a ton of valuable information in there. Here are my notes:

America is 5% of the world's population yet is exposed to 40% of the world's advertising.

Go back and watch the employees that deal with advertising again, @ 15minutes.

"We're selling dreams, man."
-Fashion photographer Mark Baptiste referring to the industry's photographs and how they are edited.
At 17:30 roughly. Might be more I want to nab for my paper.

Fiji study 22:30. Internet research this?

Book: Drop Dead Gorgeous by Kim Erickson

So what I have to do is research the introduction of television (and television advertising) in Fiji, look up Kim Erickson's book (sounds like a great resource) and go back to watch the advertising employees bit and transcribe that.

Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment